Chatting with a new friend, coworker, colleague or classmate on messenger can be nervewracking. Since you haven’t talked that much, the topics that you could talk about are limited– or is it?
You might not realize it, but there are tons of conversation topics that you can talk about on messenger. It doesn’t have to be about the weather or about the current news. As long as you have the confidence and access to this list, you’ll be fine.
75 Conversation Starters You Can Use on Messenger
Now, the topics you can talk about varies on the degree of your closeness to the person. You just can’t ask your new online friend about her deepest fears about love. With that in mind, we’ve categorized the conversation starters into four: Casual, Funny, and Deep.
Casual Conversation Starters for Messenger
Just starting chatting to someone new on messenger? Here are some light and casual conversation starters that you can use when messaging a new friend.
- What is your spirit animal?
- What skill would you like to master?
- If someone offered to tell you your future, would you accept it?
- What trend are you tired of?
- What would your theme song be if you had your own show?
- How much time do you spend on the internet? What do you usually do?
- What is the silliest thing someone has ever said to you?
- What’s the most addicted to a game you’ve ever been to?
- Where and when was the most amazing sunset you have ever seen?
- What food have you never eaten but would really like to try?
- What does your perfect breakfast look like?
- Would you want the ability to hear the thoughts of people near you if you couldn’t turn the ability off?
- What life skills are rarely taught but extremely useful?
- Where is the best place you’ve been for taking walks?
- What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of?
- How different was your life one year ago?
- What is special about the place you grew up?
- Why did you decide to do the work you are doing now?
- How into self-improvement are you?
- What kind of art do you enjoy most?
- Where would you spend all your time if you could?
- When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?
- What game or movie universe would you most like to live in?
- What chance encounter changed your life forever?
- In your group of friends, what role do you play?
Funny Conversation Starters You Can Use When Chatting
This list is perfect for starting buddies or for close friends that simply wanted to have a fun conversation on social media.
- What part of a kid’s movie completely scarred you?
- What is the funniest joke you know by heart?
- First, think of a product. Now, what would be the absolute worst brandname for one of those products?
- What is the best part about taking a selfie?
- How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza?
- What mythical creature would improve the world most if it existed?
- If a movie were made about your life, who would play you?
- What would the world be like if it was filled with male and female copies of you?
- If you had to replace your hands with something other than hands, hooks, or claws, what would you choose and why?
- What would be the worst “buy one get one free” sale of all time?
- What “old person” things are you doing now?
- If you can make a universal law, what will it be?
- Would you rather never use social media sites/apps again or never watch another movie/TV show?
- If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
- What are the things that you should not say at your own wedding?
- Have you ever caught something on fire while you were cooking?
- If you were in a circus, what would your job be?
- What two totally normal things become really weird if you do them back to back?
- If peanut butter wasn’t called peanut butter, what would it be called?
- What is something that you just recently realized that you are embarrassed you didn’t realize earlier?
- Who do you know that really reminds you of a character in a TV show or movie?
- What is the worst pickup line you have ever heard?
- What’s the most ridiculous fact you know?
- If you could have an unlimited storage space full of one thing, what would it be?
- If you could only eat one food item for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Deep Conversation Starters For Messenger
Now that you’ve established a close connection, you can then start talking about heavier topics. It could be about their personal stories or even the mysteries of the world.
- How have your strengths help you to succeed? How have your faults hindered you?
- What are the top three things on your bucket list?
- Did you experience failure in life? If yes, how did you manage to get back on your feet?
- What is a year of life worth? How about a day?
- How are emotions useful for humans and the human race?
- What is a miracle that happens every day?
- Do you think your priorities have changed since you were younger?
- What scares you most about your future?
- Will religion ever become obsolete?
- What are the best and worst parts of human nature?
- Is what we perceive reality or just a construct of our minds? Can our minds
- correctly interpret reality or is reality subjective?
- What makes people believe in absurd conspiracy theories?
- Should the government be involved in making laws to regulate moral behavior? If so, to what extent?
- What is the meaning of family to you?
- Does knowledge have intrinsic value or does it need to have a practical use to have value?
- Where’s your life headed?
- What is the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
- How would humanity change if all humans’ life expectancy was significantly increased (let’s say to around 500 years)?
- What is the most important goal every person should have?
- Should governments make laws to protect people from hurting themselves?
- What is the best way to explore human nature: psychology, philosophy, or biology?
- Do you believe in life-long commitment?
- What are the three things you cannot live without?
- What does the ideal life look like?
- To whom do you owe your success in life?
Get Connected with EyesUP’s Messenger
Got convo ideas now? Great. Now that you’re ready to have meaningful conversations, check out the app that brings meaningful connections.
EyesUP is a combination of a social network, video call, group chat, social photo sharing, messenger app and so much more– all for free.
With the EyesUP’s messenger, get high-quality messenger features such as free call and text, secure chat, video call, and group chat. Compared to other social media platforms, no need to download a separate messenger just to get these features. Your messages won’t be limited to text only– send multimedia messages such as photos or videos.
Check out their other features below:
- Customize your profile. You can use 6 photos as your profile picture.
- Discover other content creators through the social networking app’s board.
- Broaden your social network through a group chat.
- Share videos and tag your friends and followers.
- Request a feature to the EyesUP Team.
Interesting in trying out this new trending app? Check out the other features and sign up here:
- How to Increase Productivity Through Social Networking Apps
- Best Memes of 2019
- Common Messenger Scams To Watch Out
- What is Sharenting? Are Parents Sharing Too Much Online?
- How to Get More Followers on Social Apps
- Most Memorable Slang Terms of 2019
- How to Send Photos Without Losing Quality
- Social Media vs Traditional Media: Which Wins?
- Caption Ideas to Spice up your Selfies